Kennewick Dentist for Tooth Extraction
If you’re looking for a Kennewick dentist to remove or extract a tooth, in a comfortable environment, then Mathews Dental in Kennewick can help.
A tooth extraction is a procedure performed by a dentist, an in the most simplest terms is pulling a tooth. In some cases, pulling teeth (removing a tooth completely from its spot in the jaw bone), may be necessary to preserve or improve your dental health.
Reasons You Might Need a Tooth Removed
- Pulling teeth for braces: Preparation for orthodontia (braces and retainers) often involves pulling one tooth or a few teeth.
- Pulling teeth to save space: Wisdom teeth are often removed if there is no space for them in the mouth, or if they become impacted or infected.
- Pulling teeth due to damage or decay: Tooth extraction may be the only option if a tooth is too decayed or damaged to be repaired with a filling or crown.
- Pulling teeth in radiation or chemotherapy patients: If radiation or chemotherapy to the head and neck causes teeth to become infected, pulling teeth may be necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does recovery look like after getting a tooth pulled?
After any type of tooth extraction, the extraction spot will be sensitive, we recommend a few tips including:
- Eat Soft Foods:Stick primarily to liquids until any anesthesia wears off, and then limit your diet to soft foods for the first few days after a tooth extraction.
- Take care of your teeth:Don’t brush the teeth immediately next to the area of tooth extraction on the first day after the procedure but do brush the rest of your teeth. Two days after a tooth extraction, get back to a good oral care routine.
Find a Kennewick Dentist Near You
Call or book an appointment online for our Kennewick dentist office today and schedule an appointment for a tooth extraction. Our Kennewick dental office is located on Clearwater Avenue.